1.28.2009

Let It Snow!!

Got SNOW? We did!!! Finally. This was Elijah & Owen's first big snow and chance to play in it! We've had a few dustings but nothing big enough to bother taking them out in it. We had a blast making snow cream, snow angels, snow balls, snow-everything! E&O loved it but Hudson- not so much. He liked to watch it fall from inside. Here's a few pics from our adventures.











Ryan & I have had quite a few weeks, like many of you. The most recent of events, was the passing of Ryan's Grandmother. Grandma Myrtle & her home in Bath, NC was peace from the craziness of life and it's heartbreaking that our boys will never be able to experience the safe haven that we hold so close to our hearts... at least not the way we experienced it with Grandma Myrtle. The way we could use it right NOW, in our lives.
Stress is in the air- instead of love for Valentine's Day. I think stress radiates from everyone differently and it's been interesting (that's the only word I can think of) to see each person's way of handling what life throws at them. I guess it also lets you know where you stand in people's lives and vice versa... I've gotten very close with several of my friends and I don't know what I'd do without them, some close by and some out of state-whom I wish were close by. Ryan and I have really bonded and our relationship just grows stronger. Our kids seem to know just when we need a hug or when to say "I love you Mommy". SO- even though our plate is full right now and maybe cracking, our cup runneth over with love and we are grateful for that!
Hudson has started walking- well since Christmas but I've yet to blog. He's into everything. He is learning a new word what seems like daily. His personality is really blossoming and it's humorous to see how much alike we are (Hudson & Dare)... at least I've got his number and know all the tricks already! ;)
Elijah & Owen have reached the "kids say the darnedest things" phase. The stuff that comes out of their mouths.... it's priceless, it really is. Between repeating everything they hear and I mean everything- if you've said something in front of them, I guarantee you they've told us or repeated it- to just being brutally honest, it's all HILARIOUS. We've heard everything from "I've been scared of monsters Alllllll my life." to "Why do you have those scratches on your face? (referring to wrinkles)". Sadly, not all of it has been so funny though and we're learning how extremely sensitive they are, especially when it comes to others.
Hmm, what else is new... I've started taking my own doula clients finally!!!! Hudson is done nursing so I jumped in feet first. I'm excited to help empower women during the birthing process and even more excited to help them get started on their breastfeeding journey! Finally some steps closer to becoming a lactation consultant. I'm still blogging on GiveThemRoots, and have some exciting articles/giveaways coming up too. Check it out when you can!
Ryan is swamped with work. Like the entire nation, their company has been laying people off left and right just trying to make it through the next few months. Needless to say the lucky remaining few are doing the jobs that others' left behind. He's all work and no play! If I won the lottery tomorrow the first thing I'd do is tell my husband to quit his job!!!!!!!!!
So, that's the Peed family in a nut shell right now. See ya soon!

2 comments:

ELIZEM said...

Ya'll have had a busy time over the holiday. I luv the pics of E&O making snow angels. I luv you all and as you said on my facebook...I LOVE YOUR GUTS TOO!

myglorydays said...

Very cute photos... your post is a reminder to me that we truly do not understand what is happening in others lives. I hope your stress level gets better,but tell Ryan to hunker down on the job as the economy is not getting better anytime soon. :( I love you guys.