7.30.2008

Never say...

"What else could they possibly get into?"

2:00pm, nap time on 7/30/2008
The curtain is ripped off the wall (for the 2nd day in a row), Mommy goes in "Daddy just fixed that!!! Get in your bed. It's nap time, not play time!"

Shortly after: CRASH!!!!!!
I go in to see what's going on while & I'm currently on the phone with a friend... "BOYSSSSS!"
The christening picture frame, on the ground broken into two giant "L" shapes. Luckily, no broken glass. "Get-into-your-bed, NOW boys!"

*mistake #1: I should've popped their tushies.
**mistake #2: I tell my friend "ok, they've ripped down the curtains and knocked the frame off the wall, what else could they possibly get into!?!"

Approximately 30 minutes later: hysterical giggling coming through the baby monitor. So naturally, as any mom who is trying to get twin nearly 3-year olds to sleep, I go in to check it out.

There are little pieces of plastic shrapnel all over the carpet and two little boys staring at me like two deer caught in headlights. While trying to process exactly what I was seeing, I said "BOYS, get away from Mommy, get far far far away from Mommy right now"... and they both wisely sprinted out of their room.

So what did I find?!?

A RIPPED UP MATTRESS!!!!!!! I'm talking shredded like the police were doing a drug search in their room. Giant slices straight through the plastic and some through the cotton outer layer of the mattress.

How did they rip up the mattress?

A BROKEN PLASTIC HANGER!!!!

What 2 year olds actually think to get a hanger hook and realize it will cut through the mattress?
OUR BOYS!!!!!!

I will most definitely be posting pictures of our destroyed crib mattress as soon as I get a chance. Until then, the story will have to be enough.

Moral of the story: If you have a son, don't ever say "What else can they possibly get into?" because trust me, they will find SOMETHING.

7 comments:

stacey said...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!
I am crying I am laughing so hard. You totally underestimate the power of those boys. What one doesn't think of you can guarantee the other will. And lucky for you in a few years, there will be 3 boy brains wreaking havoc on you. I guess they weren't tired. ;) I love them, your funny, yet true story, and your comment to them. I can just see it happening! Thanks for the smiles!

Love you guys!
Come get into trouble with me!

Josh said...

how do you know what a mattress looks like after the police look for drugs in it? ;)

Dare said...

The police perform regular searches at our house, my husband is a huge drug lord! Can't you just look at him and tell?

No really, I'm not sure why and/or how that popped into my head. But that's EXACTLY what the mattress looks like.

myglorydays said...

Hey - we put our curtain rod back up with no complaints. Had it been my mattress maybe no complaints.
Okay definitely no complaints - Grammer perogative. They get into such mischief they are just too funny. Stacey is right it is the twin brains at work - I wish I had an extra brain to think. The broken plastic hanger as a knife was very smart.
They are so funny! We love them. Sorry about your picture frame though.

Kellye said...

DARE!!!!! OMG! Good call on asking them to get far far away from you though....I think that would have been the only way to respond....WOW!

ELIZEM said...

ur gonna have to put up pics of this little project cause it just sounds funny! ur boys are hilarious! luv ya cuz! emmi!!! :P

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

wow Dare - it's only BOY twins that are that destructive, right? :) (Beth, Jean's niece)