12.01.2007

And baby makes 3... BOYS!

Hudson Noah Peed
11/23/2007
7:41am
7lbs 12oz.
19.5 inches





Well... so much for inducing! Hudson decided he just couldn't wait any longer and I went into labor on Thanksgiving night... I had been feeling kind of crampy and weird all day and just thought it was being pregnant so I shrugged it off. But, by 7:30ish that night I was having some pretty good contractions and "developed a good leak" as Ryan calls it. We left Mom & Dad's and headed home to meet Ryan's Mom so she could watch the boys, grab the hospital bag and then we headed to the hospital.



OF COURSE when I got there my lovely 3-4 minute contractions stopped dead in the water and we're 7-8 minutes apart, I was only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. They decided to admit us since it was then about 9:30pm and we were getting induced at 6am the next morning anyways. They called my OB and he said they would just induce between 3-4am instead. They turned off the lights and left us alone to wait out the night! However, Hudson decided he just really didn't like that plan. My contractions started back up again and by 1:30 I called back to the nurse to let her know I thought they were back at 3 minutes. Sure enough... they were and I was 2-3cm so they said that labor had officially started. The nurse said if things continued the way they were then we wouldn't need the pitocin to induce after all. They continued right along and by 7am I was ready to push and just waiting on my OB to get to the hospital! 6 pushes and voila, Hudson Noah was born! Labor was pretty much just like his brothers', right at 6 hours of true labor.. I'll take it! :)



He is PERFECT! I am so head over heels in love with this baby I can't even begin to tell you. He is really a great baby and making the transition to 3 kids a very smooth one! Elijah & Owen are doing great with him (they pretty much ignore him) and Daddy is of course every bit as in love with him as I am. Recovery has been amazingly easy and I'm really just counting my blessings now... all 4 of my favorite boys are top of that list!

Hope you all had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving and sorry it took so long to get the pics up... you'd think I have twins and a newborn or something! ;)


9 comments:

Megan said...

congratulations! he looks great. you look pretty good too for being in labor all night. i'm impressed you got pics up this fast. congrats again!

Art and Evelyn said...

Awesome pics! What a precious baby! You look awesome too by the way! Glad he's such a great baby and your transition has been easy. Evelyn

Kellye said...

Hudson is beautiful Dare! Congratulations! I'm hoping my labor goes as smoothly as yours! Did you have an epidural?

All of Us said...

Hooray for not being pregnant!!! Welcome to Party of 5 and My 3 Sons. I hope your two are nicer to the baby than mine. Well, they are nice, they just love him to pieces. In this case, three is not a crowd. Congrats to you, and we can't wait to get all the boys together for a testosterone party!

Anonymous said...

I love my Hudson - okay he is officially yours but partially mine. He & you are beautiful.
I love you, Mom

Dare said...

Kellye,

I did have an epi, but it didn't work so great (again). I got what they call a "hot spot" right above my pelvic bone that they couldn't numb the pain in no matter how much meds. they gave me. So, unfortunately I felt everything in that spot, which was not the most ideal of spots!!! haha.

I still can't complain though, it could have been worse. It could have not worked at ALL! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I got to respond more...however, I do keep up with you all. I check in often just so see how everyone is doing...Looks like Hudson is another one for me to check in on regularly now!

Congrats to ALL the Peeds! I'm so happy for every one of you! With much love from Rural Hall, Kayla

Mommy & Daddy of 3 boys said...

Congratulations, Dare and Ryan! What beautiful boys you have! You and Ryan look great, too! Congrats again, and welcome to the world of 3 boys!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dare and Ryan! Hudson is adorable and I know he will be one more added blessing to your family! Everyone looks great and happy! We love you, Jeff and Jean