ALMOST HALF-BAKED!!!!! I'm doing well, can't complain too much. I feel great energy wise and I'm not expanding like a blimp which is always a plus! I'm STILL getting sick which is just ridiculous at 18 weeks, I'm 6 weeks out of my first trimester, I'm being robbed. I've chalked it up to Karma! I've recently become a firm believer in karma, especially in pregnancy. So you see, I had an amazingly easy pregnancy with the boys... so easy that I wanted to be a surrogate mother when Ryan and I were done having kids (AKA, carry someone else's baby that can't). I even went as far to say multiple times "I don't know what everyone whines about, I feel great and I'm pregnant with TWINS!" THIS, is where the karma kicks in. I NEVER should have said that. Ever. I really think I'm being taught a lesson, and that's why I'm 18 weeks and still praying to the porcelain gods in our bathroom. It's not every day or even multiple times a day but boy when it comes does it come from no where and it's just NOT fun!
We are having one of heck of a time trying to find out what this little monster is!!!!!!!!! I've had several ultrasounds but no luck with the sex of the baby! I had one at 13 weeks with a free clinic that was training techs and the tech got an AWESOME picture, however she said that she couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl, I thought it looked like boy parts but everyone else that has looked says no way it's totally girl parts! The tech said girls are swollen and boys don't "pop" until 20 weeks so it's easy to mistake, printed the pics for us and told us to think what we wanted but she was 50/50.
Then... at 14 weeks I had another ultrasound but this time my OB-GYN did it, he looked around for a long time and then out of no where says "well, I'm 75% sure it's a boy" , I swear I never saw anything that even looked like legs!!! I said "REALLY!?!?!" His response.."I just told you only 75%, so don't buy ANYTHING & we'll check you at your next appointment again to be sure".
So then, at 17 weeks I had another ultrasound at the training clinic, they had the hardest time getting a picture of the baby at all because I have an anterior placenta (meaning my placenta is in front of the baby) it's the thickest dang on thing too! The baby was snuggling with it and they just couldn't see a thing. After lots of poking and prodding they finally got the shots they needed and grabbed a quick one between the legs... their verdict--- it could be a puppy!!!! They have no idea. They said they wouldn't even give us 75% that to them it was totally 50/50. So then we were back to not even 75%!
Yesterday, I had my 18 week appointment with my OB, he was supposed to do that "verifying" ultrasound but he had an emergency c-section at the hospital so the other doctor in the practice was seeing all of his patients! Well, guess what? He wouldn't do the ultrasound!!!!! He basically said that all the times he's been wrong and had to change the sex verdict during pregnancy it was from an ultrasound that was done before 20 weeks! So he said he didn't want to do it and be wrong, that he'd prefer us to wait until 20 weeks because it's not 100% until 20+ weeks and even then it's not 100%!! So, I have my BIG ultrasound scheduled for Friday the 13th of all days!!! I'm sure something crazy will happen and we still won't know, because after all, it is Friday the 13th!
Here's our odds according to wives tales and quizzes:
Chinese gender predictor: Boy... accuracy: wrong with E&O
Old Wives Tales: Girl... there's only 2 questions out of 10 that say it could be a boy. Accuracy: right with E&O
Wedding ring test:Girl... accuracy: ??? we didn't do it with E&O
My mommy instincts: Boy... accuracy: wrong with E&O, as sad as that is.
Below you have the very FIRST belly picture! I just "popped" an obvious baby belly within the last week, up until now I just looked like I had a few too many beers. The belly is still really little but it's here!! Ignore the blinding white belly & the ghetto booty (I don't know where that thing is coming from, I think I have some hidden genes!!!)
See ya soon!


6 comments:
The Mohawks are AWESOME!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Baby Bump is soooo precious!!
Glad to hear everyone is doing well!! Xo-The Lowrey Family
Of course I am a big mohawk fan:), and I have to say I think chasing after kids makes you more yucky feeling with each pregnancy. By the time I got to Gretchen my stomach churned all day for at least 6 months. Hang in there! I don't think you are whining, just informing others. Hopefully, you will feel better soon. Miss you guys-Aunt Stacey
Okay, I was really, really sick with Ellie and not really too much with Ammon... so I'm making a prediction here... it's a girl!! haha! Boy or girl, the baby will be just as precious as "her" big brothers!!Love the pics of the boys and hang in there, it sounds like you're doing awesome!
I have to tell you that with both Lauren and Noah we didn't know what sex they were until birth and my "mommy instincts" said boy with Lauren and girl with Noah! hahaha! I obviously don't have good instincts but Jeff got it right both times...I was sick with all four of my kids and with my last one it was practically the whole time so I have tons of empathy for you! Hang in there! You look great and no matter what...boy or girl..it will be wonderful! Love you, Aunt Jean
E&O are getting so big and are absolutley adorable!! I'm glad that you updated your blog with pictures! You look great! There is a big difference between a baby bump with a singleton and with twins! At 18 weeks with my first I barely looked pregnant, but with the twins at 18 weeks I looked VERY pregnant! I had a very easy pregnancy with my first with NO sickness, but was sick with the twins a lot! So each pregnancy is definitely different! I hope that you are able to get a very clear picture of this little one at your big U/S so you know what to plan for!! And I hope that you have a great rest of your pregnancy!!
Sharon
You look beautiful!! I love your preggo belly. Hope we can get together soon. Jen
Post a Comment