9.03.2005

Still here... still pregnant...still ALIVE, barely.

I am going absolutely crazy now but we just wanted to let everyone know we are all still "here" and my body is still invaded by our two little men. I had a doctor's appointment this past Thursday, no good news there. They didn't check for dilation or effacement a.k.a "stir things up" like they said they were because I have not gained any weight the last two weeks so it's not looking like the boys are picking up any additional weight. So, the OB said if they want to hang out in there another week it will only make their lungs that much stronger. Plus he said checking would only create more discomfort and it wouldn't really tell him anything as far as when the boys were coming. SO.... we are still just waiting.

In the mean time, my stomach has taken a serious beating, it was like all of a sudden on Wednesday my belly decided it had enough. I would take some pics and post them but they are pretty scary looking, and Justin would probably throw up...hee hee. My skin has actually "stretched past it's ability". As in, it's ripping apart... I had seen pics of other women pregnant with multiples this has happened to but they had horrific stretch marks so I THOUGHT I was in the clear. Well, I didn't get more stretch marks they just ripped apart instead. The doctor said that my body, specifically my skin, can't physically alter itself any more than what it has done to meet their needs because I am too petite, to put Neosporin on it twice a day and try not to scratch it, put socks on my hands if I need to and that's all he can do for me. It looks like little red welps/a bad rash but it's just raw skin. It BURNS and itches unlike anything I've ever experienced.

When I told him that I can't even sleep it hurts and itches so bad (I'm taking Benedryl to even get a couple hours at night per doc. orders), my hips feel like they are dislocated and every kick or punch feels like a knife, that I really just don't think I could do this another week he replied "Sweetheart, I know you are really uncomfortable and your stomach is really starting to hurt but it's just seven more days" MY HEAD SPUN AROUND LIKE SOMETHING FROM THE EXORCIST. I said "NO! YOU don't KNOW how I feel" <> The nurse started laughing. <> So he then replied " You are right, I don't know how you are feeling but I do understand that you are in a considerable amount of discomfort" My eyes just filled with tears and I looked away, clearly he didn't even understand or I wouldn't still be pregnant. I managed to make it to the car before I started crying and where I decided I will NEVER deliver another child with a male doctor or a female with no kids.

To top things off I checked my email and this is what the Pregnancy Weekly email newsletter says for week 38 of my pregnancy...go figure.

~Dare, if you have not delivered since your last newsletter, this could be your week. You are also a statistic now since only 13% of multiple pregnancies continue into the 38 to 40 week range. Right now the best way to spell relief is D-E-L-I-V-E-R-Y! But with each passing hour your babies are growing stronger and bigger. ~

Statistics are not my thing but maybe I need to get into horse races after all... less than 10% of pregnancies are twins... less than 3% of twin pregnancies are first time pregnancies... AND less than 13% carry them this long... So that makes me like what... 2% of the population of pregnancies??? HA!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You could be in New Orleans and pregnant with the boys. Or on a pioneer trek across county. Or you could have no babies and be sad that no kids looked like you and Ryan. It could be worse. Cheer up the end is near! WOOOHOOOOOO!You are doing great, much better than I would have done. It was meant to be, and they will be healthy and strong on Thurs.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Joan

You are still a beautiful girl, larger but beautiful. I love you little Dare. Ryan-next time you get to carry the little ones. HA!HA!