9.01.2004

We're parents!!!!

We have a new baby boy in our little family. Weighing in at his corner at a whopping 13 lbs meet the FURocious Koda Peed. We have had him for almost 3 weeks now, he is 15 weeks old, and getting into EVERYTHING!!!

Ryan and I rescued him from Saving Grace, an animal rescue program here in Raleigh. A breeder brought him and his 9 brothers (all chocolate labs) to the SPCA but since they had no room for them they sent them to Saving Grace. The breeder left them because they all had kennel cough that developed into pneumonia, the vet bills and medicine for the mom and 10 puppies was going to be too much so he left them = ( isn't that awful?? but his loss is our gain we got a pure bred lab for MUCH less than we could have gotten him from the breeder if he kept them. The sad part of this story is only 3 of the 10 baby boys survived. The pneumonia had developed quickly and very strongly and Saving Grace couldn't save them. BUT Koda and his two surviving brothers are very healthy now and have all been adopted. If you get a chance check out Saving Grace's website www.savinggracenc.org The people that run the rescue are truly amazing, they use their own money and donations to help these animals and they usually end up in the hole every month but they still continue to rescue them. WOW!! Ryan and I are definitely touched and impressed that they are doing this... and very thankful for our new baby boy.

We have already taught Koda to sit, lay, fetch, wait and he also has learned some "manners" as I call them, Ryan doesn't like that too much but when I have a treat and I say use your manners he sits and waits!!! He's so dang on cute! Here's some pics of the rotten rascal.

0 comments: