Well things around our household have been extremely eventful thanks to our small brown furry friend. When we originally got Koda everyone said to watch out for shoes, socks and wooden tables... what they didn't tell us was we needed to watch out for the hair dryer, torchiere lamp, crown molding in the kitchen, trash can, and bed. OH where to start... how about a game of fantasy dog training.. you can place the future scores in the comments section! =)
We were keeping Koda in the kitchen while we were at work and blocking the doors with baby gates. Sounds like a normal plan right? I'm sure it is very normal, I'm also sure it is very normal for your puppy to eat tin foil, styrofoam boxes, razor blade heads, tuna, clam chowder, rotten strawberries, and whatever else was in the trash can the FIRST day that I came home for lunch to find that Koda had a lovely picnic in my kitchen... out of our TRASH CAN! So I held Koda and stuck his nose into the leftover pieces of trash he left behind and told him NO! very firmly, Koda whimpered and ran to his bed.
Score:
Humans: 1
Dog: 0
So I leave to go back to work and when I get home what else would I find other than yet another picnic in my kitchen. So again, I held Koda put his nose into the leftover trash pieces and said NO! even more firmly and gave him a pop on his butt. He whimpered and again ran to his bed.
Score:
Humans: 2
Dog: 0
This time we have won! Koda would never do it again, he was perfect the rest of the night and very loving while he was trying to apologize. Ryan still says just incase maybe we just need to move the trash can. Of course being the extremely strong willed and stubborn person that I am, I refused and said that Koda just needs to learn that he can't eat the trash. Besides.. he was so sorry, I mean really just look at those puppy eyes, he won't do it again.
So off to work we go again. I have a CRAZY morning at work and come home for lunch completely ready to relax and watch my soaps for an hour. I put key in the door.. Koda isn't barking.. I turn the key and open the door... still isn't barking I step around the corner and not only has Koda had yet another picnic there were little wood chips on the floor. FROM OUR CROWN MOLDING!!!!!!!!!! I guess he got bored with the trash can and the crown molding just looked too tempting, so he ate it. The whole corner. Gone. Once again I held Koda and this time very loudly yelled NOOOOOO KODA!!!!!! BAD DOG!!!!!!! and he ran to his bed...
Humans: 3
Dog: 0
Obviously Koda can't stay in the kitchen, so we decided we would try him out in the back of the apartment and block off the front using a baby gate. We closed all the doors except for our bedroom because that's where his bed is. He did great the first day! Great with the baby over the weekend (we had our little nephew Riley) Obviously this is where he needed to be. So, Rebecca, Ryan's sister came over for dinner and a movie saturday night and in the middle of the movie we heard this strange noise, Becca says " Is that a hair dryer?" I jump up and run to the back of the apartment to find koda as far up against the wall as he can go growling and barking at the hair dryer that is turned on and laying in the middle of the floor. He pulled my hair dryer down off of the vanity and then managed to TURN IT ON! ok.. so we just need to keep all the cords that hang off the night stand, vanity, etc. up away from him. Not a problem he is still fine back there.
Humans:4
Dog: 0
It's now Sunday and off we go to my parents, we come back about 2 hours later to let him out and walk him before we went to my brother in law's parents house. I step over the baby gate and start down the hall, so far so good, nothing crazy has happened! "YAAAAAYYY!!!!!! What a good boy" I'm saying as I walk down the hall I turn the corner into our room and the torchiere lamp is laying on the floor...Koda chewed completely through the cord with it still plugged into the wall! He was acting fine though so I guess he didn't get shocked. Ryan holds him and says NO! we take him out, give him a treat and leave again. This time we get back to find shattered glass all over the bedroom floor! He pulled over the lamp again and this time the shade broke into a million little pieces. Again we say NO KODA, BAD DOG! and I immediately start checking his mouth and paws for glass... 50$ lamp that will cost 50$ to fix.. Unfortunately we are out places to keep him so he is going to stay back there. But for the final score
Humans: -20
Dog: 10
9.14.2004
Fantasy Dog Training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment