12.14.2005

A Christmas Story: Parker Style

I know I just recently posted a pic and shout out to Parker but his Mom posted a story on her blog that I think we could all step back and learn a few things from. I hope we can raise our boys to be this kind hearted and loving... Merry Christmas Ya'll, enjoy.



"Tuesday, December 13, 2005

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE...SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE...

We are always wondering about Parker, the infamous middle child. I do not want him to feel left out, or less important, or overlooked. He and I actually get to spend a few hours every week, just the two of us, while Gretchen is at Mom's Morning Out. He gets sooooo excited when he wakes up in the morning to find out it is just Parker and Mom. Even with that, he lives in Big brother's bossy shadow, and out of the spotlight for our reigning drama princess. Well, I guess some of my worrying is for nothing, because it turns out he probably will be just fine. So here is my story as told to me by Santa himself. On Friday night, we had our annual church christmas party. Tons of food, nativity, singing, and of course, Santa. Parker did not really want to sit in his lap, but wanted a candy cane. He waited until all the other kids were gone, and walked over to him. Santa picked him up, and asked if he had been a good boy. Which Parker said, yeah, pretty good. Santa then asked what Parker wanted for Christmas. He did not say anything, so Santa said do you want me to surprise you? Parker perks up, looks Santa straight in the eye, and says "No, But I want to make sure all the other kids get toys first." Santa started tearing up, and looked away, and told him No problem. Santa then told us the story and said we had one awesome kid. OF COURSE WE DO! IT' S PARKER!"

WOW! And for those of you that don't know, Parker is four years old! A lesson well taught by a very smart and sweet little one. So.. once again, a shout out to my little Parkster...

Way to be a good example Parker Man!!!! You are becoming such a big boy! Uncle Ryan and I are SOOOO proud and happy that Elijah and Owen have such an awesome cousin to look up to! WE LOVE YOU!

0 comments: