Well, here they are, our very FIRST family portrait and portraits of the boys! We had them done in our baptism outfits. Elijah and Owen were baptized at our church (Edenton Street United Methodist) on October 30th.
Here's a little story for you about their big day: After the baptisms the Reverend walks down the center aisle with the baby and tells a short story while he shows the congregation their newest members, Ryan and I were soooo worried they were going to SCREAM into Dr. Elliott's microphone during this walk. As a matter of fact, I was so worried about it I actually had a nightmare the night before. Well, you will be happy to know that neither of the boys screamed during the walk... instead they decided to do their screaming during the baptism!!!!!! They did NOT like the holy water cross that was "drawn" on their foreheads. They were very upset about it. They quickly calmed down though and let Dr. Elliott tell his story. However, they didn't let Ryan and I stay for the rest of the service, they were hungry and I had a dress that was not "nursing friendly" on, so we sat outside of the Reverends offices on the couches and waited for the service to end. We hear it was a beautiful service. It was choir dedication Sunday so all of the choirs sang, even the little itty bitty kids. The church taped the service for us so we are going to watch it tomorrow with Ryan's grandmother who was unable to come.
The boys are doing FABULOUS! They already weigh 10 and 1/2 lbs!!! They are growing so fast! They are 9 and 1/2 weeks old now and I swear would crawl if they could just figure out the coordination to do so! They are laughing, smiling and coo-ing up a storm... it melts our hearts!!
p.s. Ryan and I are doing great too, if you can't tell from the giant grins our face in the picture below.
11.11.2005
SAY "CHEESE"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment