6.11.2005

Pack your bag little lady...

Well, I was told to get the ole' hospital bag packed and ready to go. I still have 12 weeks left before they will induce or perform a csection (depends on how big they are) but the chance of actually making it to September is slight. Although, I don't think they will be making a debut any time soon.

So, I pulled out the What to expect when you're expecting book that I had packed away because so far nothing has gone with the book since its twin. There is a RIDICULOUS amount of crap they tell you to pack. Am I really going to need all of this junk?!?!?! Its going to look like I'm moving into the hospital not delivering babies.

Any suggestions from my mommy friends out there of DEFINITE things not to leave without and stuff that you just don't need?? Suggestions from anyone are welcome! not just the mommies!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

You do not need all that crap. You need jammies to put on after that make you feel pretty, and slippers. Bring shampoo and conditioner that you like, because if you can not take a shower right away (c-section) then Ryan can wash your hair for you. (Rich did mine) You will feel much better!

Stacey said...

You need very little on that list. Toiletries-b/c the hospital ones are generic. A very comfortable roomy set of (Maternity still) clothes (and shoes) for the ride home. A nice big cup for ice water-they have small ones. Cute but comfy outfits for the ride home for the boys.
I would sneak in a pacifier (Just in case) Nursing bra and pads. They will give you lanolin cream for them-take every sample you can get.

Stacey said...

A change of clothes for Ryan, too!

Anonymous said...

mylist said to take massage lotions and such but i didn't want to be touched and the smell made me sick. don't take socks you like to wear when in labor. you might get stuff on them. all i took was clothes, socks, baby clothes, chapstick, snacks for josh and our phone/address book so josh had all the phone numbers he needed.

Anonymous said...

The other girls are right. We had so much stuff when we went in, and didn't use a quarter of it. They tell you to bring diapers for the baby, but we left the hospital with about 15 diapers that they gave us! I would take an ice pack that is comfortable to use. The ones they give you are akward and not big enough for engorged breasts. I slept with mine on when Joshua was in the nursery. If you use the breast pump in the hospital, ask to take the hand pump home. It is very handy for car travel and with twins, take every freebe they offer.

Dare said...

DANIELLE!!! How are you?!?! That was such a suprise to see your comment, thanks for the advice! We would loooove to see baby Joshua sometime. I bet he is getting so big! Definitely get in touch with us with you have some time! Give that baby a big ole kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

Dare,
What is your email address? I tried to send you one at blogspot, but I guess I had it wrong.

Anonymous said...

My email is daniellesizemore@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

My email is daniellesizemore@hotmail.com

Dare said...

I'll email you tonight :) Thanks girl.